DEPARTMENT OF ORTHODONTICS AND DENTOFACIAL
Welcome to the Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, where healthy and beautiful smiles are created. We work on the Motto, “Quality treatment for all ages”.
The Department of Orthodontics is rendering undergraduate programme since 1968 and postgraduate programme since 1985. Ever since its inception, the department has grown phenomenally and progressed in terms of student education, infrastructure as well as patient care. A robust OPD ensures ample clinical experience, case-based learning and scope for research. The department offers undergraduate, post graduate and PhD programmes.
It imparts sufficient skill and knowledge to treat simple cases using removable appliances and coordinate with specialists for complex cases. Undergraduate students learn to identify and diagnose various malocclusions and plan the treatment of cases pertaining to preventive, interceptive and corrective orthodontics. Highly experienced teaching faculties provide didactic teaching, practical hands-on experience, face to face learning, case-based clinical sessions and impel students to undertake research.
Post graduate students are trained under supervision to implement latest techniques and advancements in orthodontic therapy such as lingual technique, self ligation, micro-implants, bone screws, accelerated orthodontics etc. They treat a wide variety of cases ranging from simple malocclusions to the most complex orthodontic problems such as orthognathic cases and cleft patients using interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approach. Post graduation program aims to train students to be dedicated and competent orthodontists.
This program aims to educate specialists who are clinically and scientifically sufficient for planning and performing original researches, which help in the scientific progress of the orthodontic world.
- To become center of excellence at par with global standards, through patient-centered education, state of the art orthodontic technology and advanced research.
- To provide highest quality of orthodontic treatmentand patient care to all sections of the society, led by a team of committed professionals equipped with the finest skills and competency
- To inculcate contemporary orthodontic skills and enable students to achieve academic and clinical excellence
- Nurturing research to provide evidence based diagnosis and treatment planning
- To emphasize evidence-based learning and encourage molecular level research to advance the speciality of orthodontics
- Preclinical virtual skill development using case based and simulation based learning.
- Three dimensional virtual skill development in the terms of diagnosis, treatment planning and mechanics using latest orthodontic technology such as CAD CAM , 3D printing, digital scans, stereolithography and various softwares.
- To establish sleep apnea and TMJ rehabilitation super speciality centers
- Preventive and Interceptive treatment
- Removable appliances
- Growth modification procedures using myofunctional and orthopedic appliances
- Fixed appliances including Edgewise, Begg’s appliance, Preadjusted edgewise, ceramic brackets etc
- Latest appliances such as skeletal anchorage system, self-ligating system, lingual orthodontics and aligner therapy
- Surgical orthodontics to correct jaw deformities and facial asymmetries
- Cleft lip and palate care
- TMJ disorder rehabilitation
- Interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary management of complex cases
- Sleep apnea management